In the Field
Professional Training for Certified Sexological Bodyworkers
with Deej Juventin, Uma Furman and Dr Betty Martin
Course dates: TBC
Prerequisite: Certificate in Sexological Bodywork (CSB), or completion of the CSB Online Group Study and Embodiment Intensive.
Purpose of this training
There are three main reasons for this training:
- To provide a level 2 certificate training for Certified Sexological Bodyworkers (CSBs)
- To provide an intensive professional development opportunity for Certified Somatic Sex Educators (CSSEs)
- To provide an alternative pathway to complete the CSB certification requirements.
This experiential training offers CSBs and CSSEs the opportunity to expand their skills and knowledge. Participants have the opportunity to deepen their understanding of the CSB material and study Ellen Heed's lectures on anatomy and physiology. There are then 2.5 days of professional development training, followed by a week of input and feedback on your work, mentoring, and receiving professional supervision in a beautiful residential centre near Newton Abbot in Devon.
Online group study
Participants in the Certificate in Somatic Sex Education clinic week programme will review the updated CSB Online Group Study material, study six of Ellen Heed’s lectures (nervous system, sphincters and the enteric nervous system, vulva anatomy, penis anatomy, breath and scars) and participate in live Q&A teleconferences with Ellen.
In the Field Intensive: Professional Development Training
2.5 days in person, with Betty Martin, assisted by Deej and Uma
Participants will explore:
- what 'giving' and 'receiving' REALLY are and why knowing the difference is crucial for getting profound results for your clients and students
- what you are responsible for in your sessions and what you are not — so you can serve your clients far beyond what they expect without tying yourself in knots
- how to create a strong container for your clients that has enough safety for them to get into the REAL work they are coming to you for
- how to help your clients access parts of themselves that have been hidden away
- how to bring both clarity and heart into your hands so that all your touch is rich, juicy and satisfying
- assessment: finding out what your client is ready for and – more importantly – what they are not
- empowerment and informed consent – teaching your client how to become aware of their own desires and limits and how to communicate them.
In The Field Intensive: Clinic Week
5 days facilitated by Deej and Uma and Betty Martin
- develop their somatic sex education skills through the process of working with real clients on authentic learning objectives, and having immediate access to input from CSBs and facilitators before and after sessions
- develop their coaching and mentoring skills in ongoing small group processes, and have the opportunity to reflect on their work to improve practice
- have essential input, experience, and feedback in facilitating groups
- receive regular supervision in small groups from the facilitators
- engage in regular yoga classes, erotic rituals and meditations, and spend a wonderful week connecting with your peers and building networks and community.
Food and accommodation: Both parts of the In the Field Intensive are residential, taking place in a beautiful centre near Newton Abbot in Devon. Food and accommodation is provided and included in the price.
How it works
We start with one month reviewing chosen CSB materials as well as anatomy and physiology material supplied by Ellen Heed. This is followed by the In the Field Intensive, which consists of two parts: 2.5 days of professional development with Betty Martin; and a week of in-depth professional development and supervision with real clients working on authentic issues. This is achieved by running the In the Field clinic week in conjunction with the Growing in Embodiment retreat.
CSBs are invited to participate in this as a Certificate training programme leading to the Certificate in Somatic Sex Education, or as a professional development opportunity. You are welcome to invite your clients to attend the Growing in Embodiment retreat.
CSBs and people who have participated in the CSB training but are not yet certified are also welcome to attend Growing in Embodiment retreat as clients.
On satisfactory completion of the course, successful candidates will receive the Certificate in Somatic Sex Education OR, for candidates who are attending to complete their CSB training, the Certificate in Sexological Bodywork.
Numbers are limited so please register early to avoid disappointment. To do this, complete the registration form below.